The Centre is managed day-to-day by the Senior Management Team who are responsible
for the strategic direction of the Centre.
Senior Management Team
The Senior Management Team consists of:
The Senior Management Team reports to the ESRC, which is accountable to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
The Advisory Board supports the Senior Management Team of the ESRC Business and Local Government Data Research Centre (University of Essex, UEA, University of Kent and LSE). It advises and provides feedback to the Centre on its strategic agenda from its outreach and engagement activities to its scientific agenda. It ensures that the research results of the Centre will inform the development of public policy. It oversees and advises on the Centre’s training and knowledge exchange activities by ensuring that they address the needs of the Centre’s key stakeholders as per the strategic plan. It also has oversight of the Centre’s communication activities and suggest new ways to ensure that the Centre may interact effectively with its stakeholders and other beneficiaries, disseminates its work and maximises impact.
Current Advisory Board Members are:
- Stephen Aldridge, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- David Bell, University of Stirling
- Alan Blackwell, University of Cambridge
- Professor Maria Fasli, Business and Local Government Data Research Centre
- Shane Gordon, Colchester Hospital University
- Perry Holmes (Chair), Medway Council
- Tom Howard, Business and Local Government Data Research Centre
- Jonathan Kilworth, Harrow Council
- Jonathan Leigh-Smith, BT
- Bill Mansfield, Unum
- Professor Jonathan Michener, Innovate UK
- Cathy Mullins, Westminster City Council
- David Pye, Local Government Association
- Doug Walton, Economic and Social Research Council
- Jonathan White, Department of Health and Social Care