Using the Press and Social Media to Tackle the REF
Date: 14 March 2017
Time: 9:15am to 11:30am
Venue: Essex Business School
Evidencing Impact will be a key component of the REF 2020/1, but exactly how it can be generated is still unclear for social scientists. This EBS Impact Academy interactive workshop poses using social media and the press as a way of demonstrating Research Impact within the Social Sciences.
Join Essex Business School and the Business and Local Government Data Research Centre on 14 March to hear success stories from academics who are already using social media and the news to raise their research profile and encourage consultancy.
You will have the chance to:
- learn practical tips and tricks on using a variety of online channels to promote your expertise
- put your knowledge into practice through a group task
- discover new ways to promote your research beyond the immediacy of your published work
- hear how to widen the scope of the topics you can discuss in the media
- see how the general public can help spread your message the furthest
The session will argue that increasing your external profile is now vital in the changing field of academia, where impact will only become more important.
This event is free, but booking is required to enable us to arrange refreshments.
This is the second event in the EBS Impact Academy series and is open to academic staff from the University of Essex’s Faculty of Social Sciences, Essex Business School and the Business and Local Government Data Research Centre.